- Our Community
- City Council
- City Hall
- Code Compliance
- Municipal Court
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Council Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Payment Options
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Customer Public Notices
- Contact Us
If you are interested in serving as a city council member, please contact City Hall for specific information. General Elections are held in May.
C. W. Williams
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can run for a Mayor/Councilmember seat?
To run for office in a general law city in Texas, you must, among other requirements:
• be a citizen of the United States; and
• be at least 18 years old on the date of the election; and
• have lived in the State of Texas for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the filing date for the election, and in your city or ward for at least 6 months prior to the filing date for the election; and
• be registered to vote in the county you live in; and
• never been convicted of a felony.