Court Calendar & Dress Code
The City of Wells Court Calendar
The Courthouse is open once a month; the judge will only see the individuals on the docket for the court date. Each citation will receive a summons to come to a pretrial hearing. If you receive a summons you are required to attend the hearing regardless of your pleas. Paying your citation or setting up an arrangement with the court will make you exempt from coming to court.
Except for official holidays and during declared disasters/emergency situations.
The Municipal Court clerk is open Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
You may contact the court to set up an agreement to take care of your citation.
- New Year’s Eve (1/2 day open 8-12)
- New Year’s Day
- MLK Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving (Thursday-Friday)
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
* If the holiday falls on a weekend we will observe the closest business day to the holiday.
The City of Wells Suggested Dress Code Guidelines
Male Dress Code
- Shoes with socks
- Long pants (on pants with belt loops, wear a belt)
- Collared shirt (tucked in) with a tie, with or without a jacket
Female Dress Code
- Dress, skirt or long pants
- Blouse, sweater or casual dress shirt
You will NOT be allowed to enter the Courtroom wearing the following inappropriate clothing.
- Hats (men) or hair curlers (women)
- Halter or tube top
- T-shirt or muscle shirt
- See-through top
- Flip flops
- Clothing that exposes your midriff or underwear
- Ripped or torn jeans
- Baggy pants that fall below your waist
- Clothing with an emblem or wording that promotes illegal or inappropriate activity
- Clothing that depicts or promotes violence, sex acts, illegal drug use or profanity