Police Department

The City of Wells Police Department is committed to making a positive difference in the lives of our citizens through professionally supported and trained police officers. Officers strive to provide an environment allowing citizens to live and work in a safe and secure community.

Once the traffic ticket leaves the police officer and is given to the municipal court, the police department can no longer access the traffic ticket. Contact the number at the bottom of the citation for more information. 

If you are witnessing a crime in progress or are experiencing an emergency, please dial 911.

Traffic Fines can now be paid online; select the Pay Traffic Fine Option on the home screen. You will be redirected to the EZNET secure go2gov payment website. The fee for online payment is $3.00 per every $100 charge will be added to your payment.  

Report criminal activity in your neighborhood by simply clicking the "Report A Problem" button on the left side of the page. If you wish to remain anonymous, do not give your name. Put Anonymous in the area marked "name."

Contact Info

Harold Rapsilver
293 Rusk Ave. Wells, Texas 75976

Steve Cooper
Evidence Officer
(936) 867-5593

Joseph Hood
(936) 867-5593

Keith Jones
(936) 867-5593

Celestino Molina
(936) 867-5593

LEO Appreciation

LEO Appreciation

Relevant Documents

Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I contact if I have an emergency?

Always call 9-1-1 if you have an emergency. Give your 911 address and they will dispatch an officer to your location. 

For non-emergencies contact the Wells police department or Cherokee County Sheriffs Department Non-Emergency by calling (903) 683-2271 and requesting a Wells Police Officer be sent to your location. 

During the 8-5 business hours, you may contact (936) 867-5593 and ask the operator to send the Wells Police Officer to your location. This phone is not manned after 5:00 pm or on weekends. 



How do I anonymously report a crime?

Yes, click on the "Report a Problem" button located on the left of the page. Select Crime Stoppers in the drop-down window. If you want to remain anonymous do not put your name. Simple put Anonymous in the area marked "name".

How do I get a crash report?

Purchase a copy of your crash report (CR-3) online.

Fast, Simple and Secure.

TxDOT Crash Report Online Purchase System Website

Costs and Ordering:
$6 for a regular copy
$8 for a certified copy - A certified copy is requested when a person needs an official document, such as for a legal proceeding.

Ordering a Crash Report by Mail

If you are unable to use the Crash Report Online Purchase System, you may purchase a copy of a Texas Peace Officer's Crash Report (CR-3) by completing the appropriate request form and mailing it with the required payment to the address shown on the form.

Contact Information
Email: support@crishlp.com

Phone: 844-CRISHLP (844-274-7457)
Brought to you by the Texas Department of Transportation Traffic Operations Division

How do I apply with the Wells Police Department?

In order to apply with the Wells Police Department, you will be required to fully complete a Texas DPS applicant’s personal history statement. Return the paperwork to the following address

Wells Police Department

Application Department

PO Box 20

Wells, Texas 75976



All applicants must be licensed by the State of Texas as a Peace Officer with preferably (3) three to (5) five years of full-time experience of active service and live within 20-25 miles of the City of Wells. 

Starting pay to be determined by experience with certificate pay being one of the benefits as well as sick time, comp time, vacation time, holiday pay, health insurance, life insurance.

How do I make a formal complaint against an officer?

To make a formal complaint against an officer, you will need to write a detailed complaint stating your facts against the officer. 

Mail signed formal complaints to the following address. 

City of Wells

PO Box 20

Wells, Texas 75976